4th INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW 1905

This Exhibition ran from the 17th-25th November and British manufacturers such as Argyll, Daimler, Wolseley, Thorneycroft and Humber served to show the progress being made by the home country. In the Foreign section the cream of the trade were represented by Mercedes, Delaunay-Belleville, Fiat and Oldsmobile. The outstanding feature of the new cars was the increase in the number of 4 and 6 cylinder engines. Ball bearings and improved lubricants were employed to help to reduce friction and to minimise smoke, respectively. The petrol motor car for the first time was to prove a serious rival to the electric car.

Exhibitions

© Exhibition Study Group 2004